1. The man killed Tuesday in a single-vehicle accident in Canton has been identified as Jeffrey Kyle Stanley, 26, of Gainesville. A witness who called 911 indicated Stanley was driving at a high rate of speed and disregarding all traffic lights, said Sgt. Stacy Bailey, spokeswoman for the Canton Police Department.
2. Commissioner Karen Bosch's ex-husband, who accused Cherokee Recycling owner Jimmy Bobo of illegally attempting to conceal cash campaign donations to her before the 2004 primary, forwarded his complaint to the state ethics commission on Tuesday.
3. Nonpartisan candidates were given until Saturday to qualify to have their names placed on the July 31 ballot, but no one stepped forward, Cherokee elections supervisor Janet Munda said. Look for details at 5 a.m.
4. Since last year, WellStar Health System officials have contended that Northside Hospital-Cherokee's relocation efforts should go through the same state review process of other hospitals, known as the Certificate of Need program. In a full page ad in the Cherokee Ledger-News, the Marietta-based health care provider said it has dropped all opposition to the facility. We'll have the story at 5:30 a.m.
5. BridgeMill Animal Hospital remains in the lead in this week's Readers' Choice poll. This week, we want to know your favorite place to take your pets when you're away. The poll will be open until 9 a.m. Friday. Remember: We give equal weight to poll results as well as positive reviews and ratings on the directory listings for the businesses nominated. Don't just vote. Give your pick a five-star rating and review, too.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.