Recount: Primary Results Stand
Kyla Cromer and Channing Ruskell requested the recounts of the Post 1 school board and Post 2 county commission races.
Kelly Marlow, former Cherokee County Fire Chief Ray Gunnin and Commissioner Jim Hubbard remained at the top of the pack of their respective races.
Kyla Cromer, who lost the Cherokee County Board of Education contest against Marlow by 24 votes, and Channing Ruskell, who finished last in his three-way race with Hubbard and Gunnin, requested the recounts.
Gunnin received 21 more votes than Ruskell, enough to keep his campaign alive for a runoff with Hubbard.
See the chart for the results and return to Patch later for a video report.
- Cromer, Ruskell Request Recounts
- Read Claims BOE Chairmanship
- County Commission: Poole Wins; Hubbard, Gunnin Headed for Runoff
- Watch the School Board Candidates
- Freedom PTA Leader Enters Race
- Marlow Running for School Board
|Name||July 31 Results||Today's Recount|
|Post 1 BOE Member-Elect Kelly Marlow||2,973||2,973|
|Post 2 Commissioner Jim Hubbard||4,299||4,299|