That’s one clear lesson from our quest to find Patch readers’ choices for the best Latin American food in the suburbs north and west of Atlanta.
Among the Patches in Cobb, Cherokee, Bartow, Paulding and Douglas counties, readers chose four La Parrilla and two Los Reyes locations as the best Mexican or Latin American cuisine in town.
Two Patches, Kennesaw with Papi’s Cuban & Caribbean Grill and East Cobb with Botekim Brazilian Bistro, did choose non-Mexican Latin restaurants to add a little spice to our menu of great places to eat.
Here are the winners, including those from nearby Cumming, Alpharetta-Milton and Roswell Patches:
- Canton-Sixes—La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant, 1810 Cumming Hwy., Canton.
- Holly Springs-Hickory Flat—Dos Margaritas, 1558 Riverstone Pkwy., Canton.
- Woodstock-Towne Lake—La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant, 1065 Buckhead Crossing, Woodstock.
- East Cobb—Botekim Brazilian Bistro, 1410 Terrell Mill Rd., Marietta.
- Northeast Cobb—El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant, 2719 Canton Rd., Marietta.
- Marietta—Los Reyes Mexican Restaurant, 1018 Roswell St., Marietta.
- Powder Springs-Lithia Springs—La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant, 4090 Powder Springs Rd., Powder Springs.
- Douglasville—Monterrey Mexican Restaurant, 9486 Highway 5, Douglasville.
- Dallas-Hiram—La Cocina Mexican Restaurant, 457 Nathan Deal Blvd., Dallas.
- Kennesaw—Papi's Cuban & Caribbean Grill, 745 Chastain Rd., Kennesaw.
- Acworth—La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant, 6110 Cedarcrest Rd., Acworth.
- Cartersville—Los Reyes, 22 N. Morningside Dr., Cartersville.
- Cumming—Los Rios Mexican Restaurant, 12 Tri County Plaza, Cumming.
- Alpharetta-Milton—Boga Taqueria, 12890 Highway 9 N., Alpharetta.
- Roswell—Mr. Taco, 893 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Roswell.
If you travel farther east in Atlanta’s northern suburbs and have a hankering for Latin American food, check out this list of Patch readers’ picks.
Come back Monday morning to participate in our next Readers’ Choice poll—the best place in Canton-Sixes Patch to work out.