Morning Briefing: Who's Telling the Truth on the Fire Bond?
Here's what's happening in Canton this Friday.
1. Weather: It's going to be a beautiful day in Canton, if the National Weather Service is right. They're predicting a high temperature of 61 degrees today, with sunny skies to boot. Tonight, mostly clear skies will be above us, with a low temperature of 36 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: The Cherokee Sheriff's Office is looking for a man who may be trying to abduct children from the Canton area. If you see this man or his vehicle, call 911 immediately. It's probably a good idea to make sure your kids get on and off the bus safely, too.
3. Happening Now: During last night's city council meeting, Councilman John Beresford asked Patch Local Voice Jeff Brown to explain the reasoning behind his opposition of the March 19 fire bond referendum, and accused Brown of using misleading evidence. Who do you believe? Tell us in the comments!
4. Looking Ahead: Don't forget that if you want to get a free prostate screening at Northside Hospital-Cherokee next month, you need to call and book an appointment starting March 11. Registration for skin cancer screenings is already underway!
5. On This Date in History: On March 7, 1979, Philips makes the first public demonstration of the compact disc. Who would have thought 20 years ago that we would be talking about CDs the way we talk about eight tracks and casette tapes today?