Morning Briefing: Who Has A Candy Hangover?
We can't help you stop staring at all that candy with eyes as big as saucers, but we can get you ready for this Thursday morning.
1. Weather: There will be areas of frost in Canton between 7 and 9 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. However, the high temperature today should hit 60 degrees under sunny skies. Tonight's low should be around 40 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: The Cherokee County Board of Elections decided to table a decision on the eligibility of Chairman-Elect Brian Poole until their regular meeting Monday morning. Poole has been accused of being ineligible to hold office due to witholding sales taxes in Alabama.
3. Happening Now: Don't just let your excess Halloween candy sit in a bowl for weeks, tempting you with its sugary deliciousness! Donate your surplus snickers to Cherokee Children's Dentistry today from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and get some money back for your trouble. The candy will be sent overseas to our men and women in uniform.
4. Looking Ahead: Find out what the Canton City Council will be up to at their meeting tonight with our preview story at 8 a.m. It appears as though there will be a discussion on potential fire service fees. You won't want to miss the proceedings!
5. On This Date in History: On Nov. 1, 1959, unmasked Montreal Canadiens goaltender Jacques Plante took an Andy Bathgate slapshot to the face during a hockey game between the Habs and the New York Rangers. Plante refused to return to the game until he was allowed to wear a mask, which began the use of facial protection for goalies in hockey.