Morning Briefing: Where to Vote on Bond Referendum?
Find out what is happening in Canton this Monday.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a rainy day for Canton, with a high temperature of 66 degrees. There is a 90 percent chance of precipitation today. Tonight, the low temperature will be 47 degrees, accompanied by thunderstorms.
2. In Case You Missed It: The Georgia Department of Transportation will be cutting vegetation along portions of Interstate 575 and Highway 140 today. Find out where the crews will be operating and for how long.
3. Happening Now: Have you made your appointment for a free cancer screening yet? Call Northside Hospital-Cherokee now and get booked for a prostate cancer or skin cancer exam next month!
Don't forget that Brooke's Boutique, the newest shop in downtown Canton, is hosting a sale all this month! Find out what deals they are making available and what other merchants are taking part in the grand opening festivities here.
4. Looking Ahead: Come back at 9 a.m. to find out where your polling place is for tomorrow's fire bond referendum vote. Unlike previous city elections, not all voters will be directed to City Hall.
5. On This Date in History: On March 18, 1965, Soviet cosmonaut Alexei Leonov becomes the first man to walk in space, leaving the confines of his Voskhod 2 capsule for 12 minutes. The walk almost ended in disaster when Leonov had extreme difficulty re-entering the craft, having to radically depressurize his spacesuit in order to wedge himself back inside. After a botched re-entry the next day, Leonov and fellow cosmonaut Pavel Belyayev had to spend a night alone in the Siberian wilderness before being rescued.