Morning Briefing: Where is RJ Statler's Killer?
Here's what's happening in Canton this Monday.
1. Weather: Rain will linger in the Canton area today, says the National Weather Service. Despite a high temperature of 65 degrees, there is a 90 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, especially after 3 p.m. Tonight, the low temperature will be around 40 degrees, with rain persisting until midnight Tuesday. For a look at this week's forecast, follow this link.
2. In Case You Missed It: The Georgia State Patrol is waiting to identify the driver killed in a one-vehicle crash on Interstate 575 north Sunday afternoon until the next of kin can be reached. The identification may be released as soon as today, and Canton-Sixes Patch will let you know the identity of the driver as soon as the information is released.
3. Happening Now: Brooke's Boutique has come to downtown Canton and is offering some amazing deals throughout the month! Find out how you can save big on some awesome stuff today!
Do you want to get a free prostate cancer screening? Call Northside-Hospital Cherokee now to book an appointment for next month! Skin cancer screening appointments are filling up fast, so don't delay!
4. Looking Ahead: Come back at 8 a.m. to learn about the Cartersville Police Department's four-month-old investigation into the murder of Cantonite RJ Statler, and how the community is coming together to support his family.
5. On This Date in History: On March 11, 2011, a magnitude 9.0 earthquake rocked Japan for six minutes. People around the world were horrified to watch the subsequent tsunami wash away Japanese towns and cities. In the days following the earthquake and tsunami, the Fukushima nuclear reactor began to fail, reminding some of the horrors of Chernobyl in 1986.