Morning Briefing: What Will Commissioners Discuss?
Find out what's going on in Canton this Tuesday.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a wet morning for Canton, with an 80 percent chance of showers before 1 p.m. Today's high temperature should be around 54 degrees. Tonight, the low temperature will dip to around 27 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: More than a dozen companies involved with the Cherokee Office of Economic Development combined to create 365 new jobs last year and invested over $20 million in the local economy. Learn more about the county's strong 2012 in this article.
3. Happening Now: Did you know that Gospel Fest is right around the corner? It's the third year in a row this praiseworthy extravaganza is coming to Canton! Find out more about the fun that will be in store this weekend by reading this article!
4. Looking Ahead: At 10 a.m., you will be able to see what the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners will be discussing at tonight's meeting. Remember, there is a work session at 3 p.m. which is immediately followed by the meeting itself.
Stop in at noon to find out which members of the Creekview Grizzlies wrestling squad made it to the state semi-finals in their weight classes! One Grizzly also made it to state finals, and the team placed fourth overall, their best finish ever. Way to go, guys!
5. On This Date in History: On Feb. 19, 1674, the England and the Netherlands formally end the Third Anglo-Dutch War by signing the Treaty of Westminster. Part of the treaty required the Dutch to surrender the colony of New Amsterdam to England. The English renamed their new American colony New York.