Morning Briefing: What Should We Do This Year?
Here's what's going on in Canton this Tuesday.
Happy New Year! We at Canton-Sixes Patch want to thank all our loyal readers and hope that everyone has an amazing 2013!
1. Weather: It's going to be a rainy day in Canton, says the National Weather Service. Expect a high temperature of 51 degrees combined with a 100 percent chance of rain in the area. Tonight's low will be 38 degrees, with an 80 percent chance of showers before midnight.
2. In Case You Missed It: New DUI laws have gone into effect today. The new laws allow for slightly more freedom for offenders to travel to places not previously deemed important. Read about all of the changes here.
3. Happening Now: What would you like to see improved in Cherokee County this year? From taxes, schools or road improvements, we want to hear it all! Leave a comment in this article, and maybe your wishes for 2013 will come true (but we aren't promising anything!)
4. Looking Ahead: Come back at noon to learn about the former Cherokee County fire chief who has started a career in the only field more dangerous than fighting fires-politics.
Later on this afternoon, we will be running a special article asking for your input on how the site will be run from now on. Specifically, we want to know what kind of articles you want to see on the site and what sort of stuff would get you interested in submitting comments, photos, etc. This is your chance to let us know what you want from us!
5. On This Date in History: On Jan. 1, 42 BC, the Roman Senate officially declares the recently-murdered Julius Caesar a god. This deification proves instrumental to Octavian, Caesar's adopted son, who uses his clout as the "son of a god" to eventually become Roman Emperor.