Morning Briefing: What's Coming in State of the County Address?
Here's what's happening in Canton this Tuesday.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service suggests keeping your umbrella handy today, as there is an 80 percent chance of rain throughout Tuesday. Today's high temperature will be 55 degrees, followed by a low of 44 tonight.
2. In Case You Missed It: Mayor Gene Hobgood has released his slate of candidates for all city committee positions up for appointments this year. See the complete list here and tell us what you think of the nominees.
3. Happening Now: We want to hear from you! Should the parents of well-behaved children earn discounts from restaurants for their kids' discipline? There have already been several comments taking both sides of the argument!
4. Looking Ahead: Come back at noon to get a preview of Cherokee's State of the County Address, which will be delivered tomorrow by Commission Chairman Buzz Ahrens. It will be interesting to see how Ahrens' vision of Cherokee's future compares to Mayor Hobgood's vision for the future of Canton.
5. On This Date in History: On Feb. 12, 1733, James Oglethorpe founds the colony of Georgia and its first settlement, Savannah. Feb. 12 is unofficially recognized as "Georgia Day."