Morning Briefing: Shoplifters Target Target
Here are five things you should know before starting your Wednesday.
1. Weather: After the fog burns off after 10 a.m., the National Weather Service expects the temperature to hit 79 degrees under clear skies in Canton. Tonight's low will be around 50.
2. In Case You Missed It: A man was killed in an "industrial accident" at the Pilgrim's Pride chicken plant yesterday. The identity of the man has yet to be released, nor has the nature or cause of the accident. Canton-Sixes Patch will keep you up to date on this story as new details emerge.
3. Happening Now: The Canton Police Department is looking for three men who have been shoplifting electronics from Target for the past several weeks. It is not known if they are working together. Please contact the Canton Police Department if you recognize any of the men.
4. Looking Ahead: Parents and other adults have been arguing back and forth over the proposed charter school amendment, but what do the kids think? Read a letter to the editor from a charter school student in Newnan at 8 a.m. and get a new take on the issue.
5. On This Date in History: On Oct. 24, 1945, the United Nations Charter came into force after being ratified by the U.S., Soviet Union, United Kingdom, France and the Republic of China along with many other signatory nations. Oct. 24 is celebrated as "United Nations Day."