Morning Briefing: Rogers' Agenda 21 Video Released
Here's what's going on in Canton this Wednesday.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts that today's high temperature will be 57 degrees. There will be a 10 percent chance of showers after 5 p.m., and a 30 percent chance of showers after 9 p.m. Tonight's low will be 41.
2. In Case You Missed It: Some residents of Georgia and other states are setting up petitions online asking that their states be allowed to peacefully secede from the Union. Do you think this is a good idea? Let us know in the comments.
A meeting held by Sen. Chip Rogers to discuss the implications of the United Nations' Agenda 21 was secretly filmed and released by a progressive organization. Critics of the agenda have decried it as a globalist move to remove private property rights from citizens. Watch the video and share your thoughts!
3. Happening Now: Applications are still be accepted for the First Citizen of Cherokee County award, bestowed by the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce. Pick up an application from the Chamber of Commerce or go to their web site to make your nomination.
4. Looking Ahead: A local artist who ministers to people in need with the aid of her paintbrush is looking to enlist fellow-minded folks to spread her message of hope and healing. Find out more about her journey and her ministry at 8 a.m.
5. On This Date in History: On Nov. 14, 1957, a secret meeting of American Mafia leaders is converged upon by law enforcement in Apalachin, NY. The arrests of some 60 "made men" and "wise guys" permanently pulled back the covers on the Mafia, an organization J. Edgar Hoover had denied to the public even existed.