Morning Briefing: Operation Christmas Kid Begins
Here's what's going on in Canton this Monday.
1. Weather: There is a 100 percent chance of precipitation in the area today after 1 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Today's high will be 64 degrees, with a low of 39 degrees tonight. There is a 70 percent chance of showers before 1 a.m.
2. In Case You Missed It: Creekview High School needed three overtimes to win its regular season finale Friday night. With a 9-1 record, the Grizzlies look to roar during the playoffs.
A Levis's Call has been issued for a Tattnall County girl who was abducted Sunday afternoon. The GBI has released the following information on the situation.
3. Happening Now: Operation Christmas Child wants to fill 45,000 shoe boxes with Christmas gifts for needy children this week. Learn more about the organization and where in Cherokee County you can donate items at 10 a.m.
4. Looking Ahead: A member of Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services was honored by Gov. Deal last week for an act of heroism that saved the lives of two of his fellow firefighters. At 8 a.m., come back to Canton-Sixes Patch and read all about the harrowing tale of survival.
5. On This Date in History: On Nov. 12, 1990, Tim Berners-Lee submitted a formal proposal for "The World Wide Web." In the last 22 years, the Internet has changed the way humanity works, lives and learns.