Morning Briefing: Johnny Appleseed Day
Here's what you need to know to have a successful start to your Wednesday.
1. Weather: Expect a high temperature of rougly 84 degrees today, says the National Weather Service. Sunny skies will persist for today and tonight, when the temperature will dip to 58 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: Cherokee Fire & Emergency Services responded to a bad accident on Sunday afternoon at Highway 140 and Regency Park Drive. The driver of the lone vehicle in the accident had to be life-flighted to an Atlanta hospital.
3. Happening Now: Yesterday's HOST Forum was attended by several critics of the tax. Read what state and local officials had to say about the tax and the surprising reaction of one dyed-in-the-wool Republican at 8 a.m.
4. Looking Ahead: Did you know that today is National Johnny Appleseed Day? We've done some research and found the best spots around town for you to pick apples to honor Jonathan Chapman (Johnny Appleseed's real name). Today would be his 238th birthday. Look for the article at 10 a.m.
5. On This Date in History: On Sept. 26, 2008, Swiss pilot and inventor Yves Rossi became the first person in history to cross the English Channel in a jet-powered wing, which is a kind of jetpack.