1. Weather: Prepare for the wet stuff today in Canton, warns the National Weather Service. There is a slight chance of snow before 10 a.m., then a 40 percent chance of rain afterwards. Today's high temperature should be around 52 degrees, followed by a low of 43. A 60 percent chance of showers is expected tonight.
2. In Case You Missed It: Jobless claims have dropped 31 percent in Cherokee County, according to the Georgia Department of Labor. The 8.6 percent unemployment rate is the lowest in the state since 2009.
3. Happening Now: The Canton City Council is looking at more options to alleviate the city's fire service issue, including consolidation with the county. Read the blow-by-blow account of Thursday's city council meeting, where the fire issue was discussed at length.
4. Looking Ahead: Come back at 9 a.m. to get your weekend plans jump started with a list of awesome activities happening in Canton and nearby towns! You won't want to miss the Get Out planner!
5. On This Date in History: Yeah, yeah, yeah! 50 years ago today, The Beatles' "Please Please Me" was released to the market. The album spawned the cultural phenomenon called Beatlemania that has endured to this day.