1. Charter school mom and former PTA member Rae Harkness has a message for the Georgia PTA: Drop your opposition to the proposed charter school amendment. Read her Local Voices blog for details.
2. Cherokee County's Patriot Day Ceremony was held Tuesday morning, the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Watch our video recap of the ceremony at 6:30 a.m. In the meantime, watch this clip of Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services Chief Tim Prather.
3. Mark your calendars. The 28th Riverfest Arts & Crafts Festival is around the corner. From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 29 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 30 at Boling Park, there will be events for kids, entertainment, a petting zoo and, of course, funnel cakes. Admission is $5 for adults and free for children 10 years and younger. Flip through last year's photo gallery to see what to expect.
4. The man killed Monday in a traffic accident on Interstate 75 North near Barrett Parkway has been identified as Kevin M. Stefanik, 39, of Woodstock.
5. Canton's Southeast Restoration Group announced Monday that it recently expanded to Middle Georgia. The Macon/Warner Robins branch will cover more than 20-counties.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.