The Canton City Council is meeting now "to discuss and take possible action to override the mayor’s veto of an ordinance to create a fire protection district; to provide for the boundaries of a fire protection district; and to provide for a tax to be collected within the fire protection district."
Click on the following links for background on this issue.
- Special Meeting to Address Mayor's Veto
- After Veto, City Schedules Meeting
- Email: 'We Believe We Can Offer an Exemption'
- Canton Mayor Vetoes Fire District Plan
- Mayor: Fire District Veto 'Likely'
- Mayor: Fire District Is a 'Scheme'
- Fire Department Consolidation Vote Fails