1. The Canton City Council will hold its monthly work session at 6 p.m. tonight at City Hall. Open the attached PDF for the complete agenda, which includes discussions of the Hickory Log Creek Reservoir as well as fire and senior services. For those who can't make the meeting, don't forget to return to the site at 6 p.m. to watch the meeting live on Canton-Sixes Patch.
2. The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office on Wednesday released audio from Tuesday's bomb threats. Tuesday, the Cherokee County Justice Center was evacuated and much of downtown Canton was closed after authorities received threats from Atlanta and Cobb. The courthouse resumed normal operations Wednesday, said Lt. Jay Baker, spokesman for the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office.
3. A horse rescued Monday in Hickory Flat died around 12:45 a.m. Tuesday en route to the University of Georgia veterinary hospital in Athens, said Tim Cavender, spokesman for the Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services.
4. A Canton mother recently won $10,000, according to the Georgia Lottery Corp. Look for details at 5:30 a.m.
5. Northside Hospital’s Blood & Marrow Transplant (BMT) Program has the best survival rates for matched related and unrelated transplants of any program in the country, according to The National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP). Northside spokeswoman Katherine Watson will have details at 5 a.m.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.