Cherokee Wins Dizzy Dean State Title
Find out what's coming up on Canton-Sixes Patch today and what you might have missed overnight.
1. The Cherokee County Board of Commissioners will meet at 3 p.m. today for its work session and at 6 p.m. for its regular meeting. Commissioners will hold the first of two public hearings on the proposed 2012 millage rate during the regular meeting. Look for details at 5 a.m. In the meantime, open the attached PDFs for the work session and the regular meetng agendas. Click here to view the electronic versions of the agenda.
2. On the first day of early voting, Georgia Senate Majority Leader Chip Rogers (R-Woodstock) on Monday repeated his stance against a controversial 10-year, 10-county transportation sales tax. Look for details later today.
3. Congratulations to the East Cherokee Bulls, who beat the the Oregon Park Sharks 6-5 on Sunday to win the Dizzy Dean 8U Georgia A State Championship this weekend in Valdosta. It was the first A State title in the five-year history of East Cherokee’s All-Star program. Next up: The Bulls will play at the 8U Dizzy Dean World Series in Southaven, MS, from July 18-24. The Bulls play out of Sequoyah Park in Canton.
4. The Georgia State Patrol is asking for the public's help in locating a vehicle that struck and killed an Acworth man early Saturday on Kellogg Creek Road in Cherokee County.
5. Early voting for the July 31 general primary continues today in Cherokee County.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.