Chatt Tech Announces Fall Deadlines
Find out what's coming up on Canton-Sixes Patch today and what you might have missed overnight.
1. Two hours after a woman said three armed black men robbed her Waleska home on Monday, the victim's debit card was used at the Canton Walmart. It was caught on tape, and the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office hopes that someone will recognize the suspects in the store video and contact local authorities.
2. Troopers suspect the woman who was flown to Atlanta Medical Center on Tuesday with abdominal pain and other injuries after a single vehicle accident in Canton might have had drugs in her system, a spokesman with the Georgia State Patrol said today.
3. Northside Hospital-Cherokee has been awarded "Advanced Certification" as a Primary Stroke Center. The designation signifies that Northside Hospital-Cherokee meets critical elements of performance to achieve long-term success in improving outcomes for stroke patients.
4. Nearly 75 percent of Georgians now report being somewhat or fully prepared for a large-scale disaster. That is a 14 percent increase since the the Georgia Emergency Management Agency/Homeland Security’s (GEMA) Ready Georgia campaign began in 2008.
5. Classes don't start until Aug. 17 at Chattahoochee Technical College, but registration is already underway. And on Wednesday, the school announced that the application and document deadline for the fall semester is Fri., July 27. For more information, visit Chatt Tech's website at www.ChattahoocheeTech.edu or call 770-528-4545.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.