1. Sixes Elementary will celebrate its 20th anniversary today. Look for details at 5 a.m.
2. The Cherokee County School District's Response to Intervention program, which identifies where students have areas of weakness in academics or behaviors, has been named a runner-up in the system-wide division of the Georgia Department of Education's 2012 SSTAGE Star Award for Promising Practices. In April, district officials announced that Teasley Middle was the winner of the middle school division.
3. The district is also the recipient of a 2012 USDA Region Award and a Georgia USDA Best Practice Award, , district spokeswoman Barbara Jacoby said on Monday. "The recognitions are in honor of the (district's nutrition) program’s Farm to School initiative through which it works with local food producers," she said.
4. Opponents in 2008, Nicole Ebbeskotte Trim and Cherokee County Sheriff Roger Garrison are now on the same team. She said on Monday that she will vote for Garrison on July 31.
5. Patch has set aside $3,000 to support good causes in our communities. So far, we’ve earmarked $1,000 of those funds for charities named during our first round of newsletter signups. Today is your last chance to help us decide which of the three charities that have won the most support so far should get the largest donation, a check for $1,500. Click here to vote.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.