Cherokee Fares Better Than State, Metro Atlanta in July Jobs Report
Find out what's coming up on Canton-Sixes Patch today and what you might have missed overnight.
1. On average, Cherokee County School District's class of 2012 earned the highest ACT scores in the system's history. See which high school was tops.
2. Three Canton businesses made Inc. Magazine's list of America’s fastest-growing private companies. Which ones made the list? Click on the following link to find out.
3. MUST Ministries has found a new facility near Interstate 575. Now it needs your financial support.
4. Cherokee's July unemployment rate of 7.5 percent was nearly two percentage points below metro Atlanta's rate of 9.3 percent, according to figures released Thursday.
5. The Georgia State Patrol released the identities of those involved in Tuesday night's fatal wreck on Bells Ferry and Butterworth roads, and all of them were from Canton.
Bonus: The public is invited to swing by City Hall at 9:30 a.m. today for coffee with the Canton Fire Department. "Learn more about what the City of Canton Fire Department is and does for its residents," Canton City Council member Bill Bryan said.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.