39,220 Enrolled in Cherokee Schools
Find out what's coming up on Canton-Sixes Patch today and what you might have missed overnight.
1. Enrollment in the Cherokee County School District on Tuesday reached 39,220 students, spokeswoman Barbara Jacoby said. "With the additional enrollment of 998 students since the first day of school," Jacoby said, "the School District has exceeded its projected peak enrollment of 38,925 by 295 students."
2. Planning to get on the road this Labor Day weekend? You're in luck.
3. Across metro Atlanta, there have been reports of fake traffic stops. The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office offers these tips.
4. Jessica Moss, Cherokee's new solicitor general, will be sworn in at noon Tuesday in Gov. Nathan Deal's office. Look for details at 5:55 a.m.
5. Liberty Elementary School will introduce the HERO Campaign, a new anti-bullying program, during an assembly at 9 a.m. Thursday.
Bonus: You submitted more than 700 photos of your canine companions to our Top Dog in Georgia photo contest. Now it's time for you to vote for your favorite, just one vote per day please. The voting period will close at 5 p.m. on Aug. 30.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.